Sunday, July 17, 2011

you're so magic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2:
I am not a Potter fan. I think I finished the first book (or maybe not - cannot remember honestly) and never made it to the second and beyond. I found all the movies to be inferior to the LOTR series (duh), and most of the times couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. Deathly Hallows Part 1 was to me the worst of the lot and bored me silly. Yet, somehow I like these kids and I like the success of the books and the movies and JK Rowling. I like to live in a world where a book series about a boy wizard can capture the mass imagination; it's way better than a world where obnoxious robots and an even more obnoxious Shia Labeouf rule. I like the way these kids grew up, and they all seem to be fine young adults who haven't been destroyed by Hollywood. I predict great things for Emma Watson in particularly. So all this brings me to the finale Deathly Hallows Part 2. It is definitely more engaging and satisfying than Part 1, and is probably the best of the whole series. Harry, Ron, and Hermione have to find and destroy the Horcruxes and then finally face off with Voldemort himself. Along the way, people die, and people grow up, fall in love, face their fears and their fates. Just like real life. The pacing is perfect, and the special effects are...well, magical. And the actors are all like old friends now; they inhabit their roles so comfortably you don't even question them. When it all ends, you do feel as if you are departing from good friends whom you wish the very best for. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment