Sunday, August 21, 2011

you're so i-cessorized

Monster Clarity Bluetooth Speaker:
Got this after reading good reviews on amazon for transmitting music from my desktop, laptop, iPhone and iPad. I must say I am somewhat disappointed at its performance. Bluetooth range is rather limited. It loses its connection between my bedroom and my kitchen, which is probably just about 25 feet away. It works somewhat from bedroom to bathroom (about 10 feet). Sound quality is better than iPhone and iPad speaker but not as significantly different as I had hoped. I haven't really used this to make/receive calls yet. B-

Griffin Survivor iPad 2 Case:
This thing is supposed to survive military combat, and I think it would. For regular home use, it's a bit too much. It's chunky and heavy enough that I had to switch back to my $15 Yoobao folio case. I do like it that the case incorporates a screen shield so you wouldn't have to mess with those bubble-prone protectors, and while the shield does change the feel of the touchscreen, it does not inhibit its function. And the outer rubber layer will surely keep out all elements like spills and dirt and sand. I will put this baby on the next time I take my iPad into the jungle hunting for guerrillas. Until then, I think it will just stay in the box. Griffin B- Yoobao Folio A-

Boxwave Capacitive iPad Stylus:
I got this for $15 and promptly returned it. The tip of the one I got from Boxwave appeared to have been used and worn. Aside from that, it didn't function any differently from a stylus I got for $1 from ebay (a seller named sinedya). So instead I went back to ebay and bought two more. Now I have a stylus for home and work and then a spare, all for under $3.50 (which included shipping!). Boxwave C, ebay non-brand stylus A

Apple Wireless Keyboard:
I finally buckled and bought this so I can type on my iPad better, for that great American novel which by the way remains stuck on page 2 (sad). This works exactly as it should. It connects to the iPad like magic via bluetooth and, though looks small in appearance, types like a real keyboard. Aside from that lame smart cover, Apple does know how to make stuff. A-

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit:
This is the only way to get photos directly from my iPhone and camera to the iPad, instead of transferring to a computer and then syncing. Again, it works as advertised. However, iCloud is coming, so maybe I shouldn't have bought this at all. B

No comments:

Post a Comment